Friday, July 9, 2010

To do:

Ok.. the saga of the window bars continues..

I have (of course) fallen into the trap of thinking "well, if I'm going to be changing the bars/wiring/cables I might as well do a service.. and maybe a couple of other small things"

so, here is my todo list for the bike (as much for my own sake as yours..)

1. Change bars (Bilwell window bars)
1a. install nostalgic grips (already half done..)

2. Install new (extended) clutch cable
2a. drain and replace clutch lubrication
2b. replace clutch inspection cover gasket, I still need to find somewhere to order this..)

3. Install new (extended) front brake line

4. install new wire extension kit

5. fabricate a new bracket for the speedo to fit under the headlight cowling


ok.. so that's basically it for the bars..
but..

service:

1. check primary chain tension (no new parts needed)

2. Change oil filter (allready received)

3. change oil

4. inspect air filter (here the fun starts.. I ordered a K&N high flow filter, so replace stock filter and see how it goes.. now way I'm paying harley stavanger 10.000,- NOK to adjust the injection chip)



so that should be it right.. wrong.. while I was looking for the filter on vtwinmania I happened to stumble across a set of smoked indicator lenses and bulbs.. so.. whoops.. they got ordered. and that need doing..



hehe.. it should interesting to see what this thing turns out looking like when I'm done this time.. will it look good? will it look like a mishmash of stuff thrown at it? who knows..

No comments:

Post a Comment